At Wright-Patt Credit Union, the health, safety and well-being of our member-owners and partner-employees and members are our top priorities as we face the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. For the most up to date information, please go to WPCU.coop/COVID-19.
Addressing the Growing Concerns
With the news of Ohio residents having now tested positive for COVID-19, and the probability that more cases will soon be confirmed elsewhere in the state, we know you likely have concerns. As a result, we want you to know that your credit union is closely monitoring the situation, and we're taking guidance and recommendations from national, state and local health agencies.
What is the COVID-19 Risk?
While COVID-19 is spreading, right now the chances of a relatively healthy person getting the coronavirus are still very low for the average American. However, we understand in the severe cases we hear about in the news outlets, the virus usually affects the elderly and persons with pre-existing medical conditions (such as high blood pressure, heart disease, lung disease, cancer or diabetes). These individuals appear to develop a more serious illness, such as pneumonia, more often than others.
Putting People First
As your credit union, we want to share the precautionary steps we have recently implemented to minimize the possibility of spreading COVID-19 in the communities we serve. In addition, we are encouraging our members to take preventative safety measures so you can have as much peace of mind as possible when conducting your banking needs with us.
- As a precautionary step, we are disinfecting all WPCU Member Centers routinely.
- We have provided extra cleaning and sanitizing supplies to every location and are using these sanitizing supplies to wipe down workstations every night.
- We've asked our employees to make sure they are taking everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, such as staying at home if sick, washing hands, sanitizing personal items, etc.
What You Can Do to Help Minimize the Spread of COVID-19
For your own peace of mind, we encourage you to follow the same precautions and steps recommended by the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Like the flu, these are best practices to prevent the spread of illness, including:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer)
- Wipe down cell phones with disinfectants twice a day
- Instead of shaking hands, consider waving or bumping elbows
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your arm
- Avoid exposure to others who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes
- Get a flu shot — it's not too late
We will continue to closely monitor the situation on behalf of the credit union. If necessary, we will make appropriate changes to ensure we are on top of the evolving situation. We will also provide you updates as needed.
As always, we thank you for being a Wright-Patt Credit Union member. We also thank you for doing your part by taking extra steps to stay healthy.