Tap, Snap, and Deposit
WPCU wants to help you keep more cash in your pocket and more gas in your tank. That’s why we recently introduced Mobile Deposit for your smartphone. With just one photo, you can deposit a check from home, work, or anywhere else life takes you!
Here are some tips to make sure your deposits are processed smoothly with Mobile Deposit.
- Make sure the amount you enter matches the amount on the check.
- Remember to sign the back of the check.
- Choose a well-lit spot with light in front of you.
- Try to avoid shadows.
Take the check photo:
- Lay the check flat, on a dark background.
- Ensure all four corners of the check are visible in the image – no rolled or torn edges.
- Keep your hands clear of the check when taking the photo.
Preview the check photo:
- Ensure the MICR numbers located at the bottom of the check are completely readable.
- Make sure you can see the entire check from edge to edge without any portion cut off.
- Now tap "Deposit check" and you’re done!
What happens after you deposit your check:
- When you see your confirmation number that means we’ve received your check deposit.
- You’ll receive a notification email within one business day that your deposit was either accepted or rejected. Please note: If your deposit does not post to your account immediately please wait for your email notification before trying to deposit the same check again.
Start saving time today! For a complete tutorial, and to view a good check vs. bad check photo example, click here.
Click here to download the complete newsletter (to save for offline viewing or printing).